Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Update

Bubba and I made a quick trip to see the boys yesterday morning.  I had to work last evening, so we were only able to stay for about an hour.  Seanie was sleeping while we were there.  His nurse said he had been fussy for quite some time and she had just got him to sleep.  So, we didn't wake him while we were there. 

Colton was hanging out and woke up when we came in.  That meant I spent all my time there holding him.  He is such a sweet little cuddler!  He is getting to be such a big boy!  He is 6lb!  :)  And, so far, he is continueing to move towards coming home.  :)  Of course, my "to-do" list that needs to be done before he comes home is about a mile long!

Last evening at work, I talked to the pediatrician who was working.  On Monday, she is going to talk to the neonatologist at our sister hospital to find out about getting Seanie tranferred to us.  It seems we don't do vapotherm, but we have something that does the same thing (high flow of oxygen that is humidified and warmed).  Maybe Monday we will have some good news about Seanie moving closer to home when Colton comes home.  Aaaaww, that would be so nice!

Also at work, I had a patient who had an emergency c-section in the middle of the night like I did.  She was worried about her recovery.  She and I definately bonded over our experiences.  Her husband was trying to get her attention and she told him not now, she needed to hear my story because it was making her feel batter about hers.  I also spent some time talking to a family who is very upset about their baby being in the NICU.  Their baby's NICU stay will be nothing like Colton and Seanie's.  I don't think they realize how lucky they actually are.  But, I also think that having a baby in the NICU is traumatic no matter what is going on.  I also told another family their baby was big.  He was only about 7lb!  Well, to me, he was HUGE!  LOL!

Today I work again.  I won't be able to see the boys.  :(  Bubba will go up and spend some time with them today a little later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment