Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, America!

Happy 4th of July!  Bubba and I took the boys out to the levee where we could watch about 6 different fireworks shows from afar.  We didn't want to go to a big show with lots of people and the smoke and smells of the fireworks.  So, Bubba and I went to almost the exact spot we went last year.  Last year, we had been invited to a famiy event but didn't go.  We had just found out that I was pregnant, but didn't want to tell anyone so we were laying low.  I was feeling pretty good, but it was too early to tell if they pregnancy was an ectopic (I had an ectopic in September, 2008). 


As we waited for the sun to go down so the fireworks shows could start, I was able to get some pictures of the boys.

Can you believe that these little guys are now seven months old?  Yes, seven months.  Amazing.  Sean weighed less than 5 sticks of butter.  Colton was the weight of a full grown squirrel. 

So, as the fireworks went off, the boys drank their bottles.  Sean would stop to remind us that he has found his voice (as if we could forget) and he has a lot to say.  Such a sweet little voice he has.  It's not that super sweet baby voice you would expect; it's kind of gruff sounding.  Larry thinks he might sound like Froggy from Little Rascals.  LOL. 






Colton showed off his new skill tonight.  He can make raspberries.  And, boy does he think he's funny when he does it.   Of course, he wouldn't do anything for me when I had my phone out to snap pictures. 

If you look closely, you can see where Colton's hair sticks up.  It's because of his scar from his temporary shunt.






Seanie is still working on tummy time.  He sure doesn't like it, but he has gotten better at it.  One night, last week, I got this picture text to me while I was at work.  Oh, such a sweet sight!  You can tell by the look on his face (and his tongue hanging out), he is working very hard.  You gotta love this kid!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the updates. The boys are as cute as a bug in a rug. They have come so far. They are lucky to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy. Thanks for keeping all of us up to date on their progress. Before we know it, we'll be getting invitations to their high school graduation.

    ReplyDelete