Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

So, mommie had the best NYE's EVER!!!  For about 20 minutes last night, I got to hold Colton.  NICU rules say the munchkins have to be 1200 grams, off the vent and "stable" in order to be held.  Well, Colton was "stable" and off the vent, but had been hanging out just under 1200 grams.  Yesterday, his weight was 1240 grams.  WOOOHOOO!!!  He did really well.  We had planned on me holding him for 30 minutes, but about 17 minutes in, he was having a hard time - his oxygen level kept dropping.  So, back to his isolette.  When we were tucking him in his isolette, we found the reason for his dropping oxygen levels - he had a poopy diaper!!!  A quick diaper change and we tucked Colton in for the night.

Of course as soon as I had Colton in my arms, little Seanie started crying.  Yes, from across the room he knew he was being left out!  Poor little Seanie needs to gain another 400 grams before I can hold him!!  It won't be long because he is eating and gaining weight like a champ!  And, he continues to do well on his SiPAP.  But, I found out that he may not have taken his own tube out.  It may have been that the tube came out when the nurses and respiratory therapist were repositioning him.  If that is the case, I have a serious problem with the doctor who told me Sean did it himself.  I understand that things like that can happen, but don't lie to me about it!!!!  That's a quick way for me to fire you from taking care of my babies!

Both boys are eating well.  Colton did have a big spit up the other night so they are watching him closely to make sure he is tolerating how much they are feeding him.  Sean keeps getting his feeding amounts increased.  Last night he was up to 15 ml (3 teaspoons) but I'm sure it's more this morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

3 comments:

  1. YAY for getting to hold Colton! This made me tear up with joy for you! Hopefully Sean will get to a eating and gaining so he can be next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you got to hold Colton. Little Sean will be in your arms soon. Happy New Year! What a great way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend the new year. Glad you go to hold your little guy and hopefully it won't be too much longer before they will both be in your arms!

    ReplyDelete